tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Creighton Kirkendall <ckirkend...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: Possible BUG in Send Redirect Tomcat 4.0
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:54:57 GMT
Ignore the previous message it looks like it is somewhere else.

-----Original Message-----
From: Creighton Kirkendall [mailto:ckirkendall@hobsons-us.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 12:23 PM
To: 'Tomcat Developers List'
Subject: Possible BUG in Send Redirect Tomcat 4.0

I think I have found a bug in the sendRedirect.  It is only a problem in
Tomcat 4 and did not exist in Tomcat 3.x

The following code does work
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL("/test/test.jsp"));

However the following code does not work.
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL("/test/test.jsp?test=test")
);

It looks like the addition of a Query String causes some problems.  I looked
at the code and have not found anything that jumps out at me yet.

Creighton Kirkendall