tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Lenny Karpel <lkar...@Eloquent.com>
Subject RE: 4.1.8: 'Unable to compile JSP' exceptions
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:18:09 GMT

I guess I don't understand your POV .. are you saying that if it is Jasper
.. you don't care ?

Seems to me that Tomcat w/o a functioning JSP compiler is next to useless ..
or am I missing something ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian P. Millett [mailto:bpm@ec-group.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 7:42 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: 4.1.8: 'Unable to compile JSP' exceptions

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 18:11, Lenny Karpel wrote:
> All:
>
> I am having trouble compiling jsp on 4.1.8 .. noticed the following in
> one of the logs .. any ideas ??
>
> 1. notice the javac errors with statements like:
> JspRuntimeLibrary.include(request, response,  e.nextElement() , out,
> true);

Yep, this is bugzilla bug # 10949.  Some day, someone will fix it.  I take
it that bugs get assigned a priority based on the number of complaints
issued.  Like, traffic lights get put in intersection only after someone has
been killed.

I guess to be fair, 4.1.8 is only beta and it IS a Jasper bug.  Tomcat works
just fine.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms