tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardContext.java
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:00:50 GMT
glenn@apache.org wrote:
> glenn       2002/08/26 05:15:59
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector
>                         RequestBase.java
>                catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
>                         StandardContext.java
>   Log:
>   Fix for BUG 11947.  Change where startCapture/stopCapture is invoked to
>   prevent memory leaks from the SystemLogHandler.

I'd like log swallowing to be optional and disabled by default. It will
confuse users too much otherwise (they're used to using Sys.out to debug).
It is also not a good idea to pay the performance cost when the feature
is not needed IMO.

I plan to add a "swallowOutput" flag to StandardContext, with its
default to false.

Remy