tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0] Welcome Files
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:02:13 GMT
Bob Herrmann wrote:
> I have been looking into the Servlet 2.4 section 9.10 Welcome files
> stuff.  In a nutshell, the spec now allows servlets to be welcome
> files.  The can either be an 'exact match' or a 'prefix match.'
>
> I implemented changes to StandardContextWrapper to bring Tomcat into
> compliance.  I think it is pretty messy, but then again Welcome Files
> are messy (per earlier posts.)
>
> What do you think?   (The patch is for discussion purposes and contains
> a lot of logging)

The implementation is not efficient (a simple example: the
getResources() method, which was cut & pasted from DefaultContext
probably, is not appropriate for components which live inside the
container - use Context.getResoruces() instead), but it's not a big deal
as far as I am concerned as I intend to eventually implement a more
efficient mapper.

Has the spec wording been fixed ?

Remy