tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Murray <gregory.mur...@sun.com>
Subject [Patch] [jakarta-tomcat-catalina] Invocation of Servlet Filters for RequestDispacther includes/forwards
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:20:17 GMT
Hello,

This is in regarding the addition of support for invoking Servlet
Filters on RequestDispatcher.forwards and RequestDispatcher.includes as
specfied in the Servlet 2.4 specification Section SRV.6.2.5.

Basically the patch enables a web application to apply filters using a
new element under the filter-mapping elment of  the web deployment
descriptor. Elements include REQUEST, FORWARD, and INCLUDE. Based on the
dispatcher element(s) specified a application will or will not appy
filters when processing a request. Please see the specification for
furter details.

In order for this functionality to be enabled the following filles
needed modifcation:

  org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.java
  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValue.java
  org.apache.catalina.startup.WebRuleSet.java
  org.apache.catalina.deploy.FilterMap.java

One new file was created:

  org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterFactory.java

Basically I moved all re-usable code related to creating an
ApplicationFilterChain object into the ApplicationFilterFactory. This
design will allow for the caching of ApplicationFilterChains in the future.

Attached are the diff files for the changes I am proposing and also the
new file ApplicationFilterFactory.java

Pleease let me know what you all think about these changes.

Regards,

Greg Murray