tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: Strange delays while Tomcat works
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:37:53 GMT
This most likely is due to JVM garbage collection.  You may need to tune
your java startup arguments to tune your memory usage and GC.

When the JVM does GC the application (Tomcat) freezes until the GC is complete.

Try starting Tomcat with the java arg "-verbose:gc", this will add
data about TC to stdout.

Regards,

Glenn