tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/valves ErrorDispatcherValve.java
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:43:12 GMT
patrickl@apache.org wrote:
> patrickl    2002/08/15 12:11:31
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/valves
>                         ErrorDispatcherValve.java
>   Log:
>   If a Servlet generates a RuntimeException, it is wrapped by a ServletException.  Since
there is an entry for ServletException in the web.xml, the actual root cause (in this case,
an IllegalStateException) was never unwrapped, thus leading to unexpected behavior.

>   I made a simple modification to the logic so that if the throwable passed to the ErrorDispatcherValve
is a ServletException, it will attempt to get the root cause.  If the root cause is null,
then proceed with the error page lookup with the ServletException as the throwable object,
otherwise, use the root cause for the error page lookup.
>   Submitted by:	Ryan Lubke (ryan.lubke@sun.com)

I lacked some time, and couldn't commit it.
Can you also commit it to Tomcat 4.1.x (as this appears to be fixing
things) ?

Thanks,
Remy