tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: contexts in server.xml and directories under webapps
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:55:28 GMT
I have a request.

Please do not post your questions to both the tomcat-user and tomcat-dev
lists.  The types of questions you have been asking are more appropriate to the
tomcat-user list, please ask your questions there.

Please follow the guidelines at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

when posting your questions.

Thanks,

Glenn

Zhenxin wang wrote:

> Normally, each context in server.xml file has a corresponding directory under webapps,
and vice versa.
> However, when I deployed a app under webapps directory with the help of the manager app,
I noticed that there is no change to server.xml. When I restarted the server, the newly deployed
app is picked up and become accessible as normal. Looks like as long as the app directory
is there, it does not matter much wether the context is in the server.xml file or not.

> My question is that is it true that Tomcat looks for deployed apps/contexts under webapps
directory and server.xml only provides additional information for the apps/contexts?