tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Sandberg...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: deployment using the manager app
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:00:55 GMT
The easiest way to deal with this is to tell the manager to deploy the
webapp into whichever directory is specified as the 'appBase' in the
Host tag of server.xml.

Since apps that are under that directory are automatically deployed,
you're all set.

The limitations are that the context name will be the same as the
directory name, and that you can only have one 'appBase' directory.

We should put this in a FAQ -- I was wondering the same thing a few
weeks ago.

-Dan

Zhenxin wang wrote:

>Hi,
>
>While Tomcat 4.0.4 is running, I deployed a new application with the "manager" from a
war file, everything looks good and the the newly installed app is accessible from the browser.
But, I checked the directory of webapps, there is no newly created directory, and there is
no change to the conf/server.xml file either (no newly added context for the installed app).
If it is the corrrect behavior, that means this dynamic deployment is only transient.