tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio G. Reus <sergio.gar...@f-integra.org>
Subject Symbolic link doesn't work
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:52:58 GMT

Hello,

I've been working so far with Solaris 8 and Tomcat 4.0.4. I use only ROOT context
to deploy several servlets. As the servlets need to be in in a precise
directory in the system, I created a symbolic link from "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB_INF/classes"
the directory where the servlets reside and it works perfectly.
Well, now I'm trying Tomcat 4.1.9 and the servlet classes are not found:

2002-08-28 12:43:20 StandardWrapper[/general:org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.Hello]:
Marking servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.Hello as unavailable
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class Hello or a class it depends
on
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Hello

If I delete symbolic link "classes", create the directory phisically and
copy directly the servlets, it works perfectly. So, Is tomcat 4.1.x no longer
supporting symbolic linking classes directory? Why?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio García Reus
Sistemas  de Información y Comunicaciones
Fundación Integra. http://www.f-integra.org

Teléfono: +34 968 355161
Fax:      +34 968 355131
Correo:   sergio.garcia@f-integra.org