tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Inamori <...@oop-reserch.com>
Subject Bug of Tomcat 4.1.8?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:17:34 GMT
Hi,

I tried Tomcat 4.1.8, and found some difficulty in using JSP.
When the JSP calls the static method on the class which is not packaged, Tomcat fails to compile
it.
For example:
<%
    String hello=Foo.getHello();
%>
will result in the exception, which says "Foo" is not found.
If I move "Foo" to "example.Foo" and import "example" package, there is no problem.

To show you this problem, I wrote some simple JSPs.
One of them calls the static method on the class without package, another on the class with
package.
And only the latter one can be compiled.
I attached them to this message.

I'm not sure, but it may be a bug of Tomcat 4.1.8.

Happy Java programming!

Jun Inamori
OOP-Reserch
E-mail: jun@oop-reserch.com