tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Inamori <>
Subject Bug of Tomcat 4.1.8?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:17:34 GMT

I tried Tomcat 4.1.8, and found some difficulty in using JSP.
When the JSP calls the static method on the class which is not packaged, Tomcat fails to compile
For example:
    String hello=Foo.getHello();
will result in the exception, which says "Foo" is not found.
If I move "Foo" to "example.Foo" and import "example" package, there is no problem.

To show you this problem, I wrote some simple JSPs.
One of them calls the static method on the class without package, another on the class with
And only the latter one can be compiled.
I attached them to this message.

I'm not sure, but it may be a bug of Tomcat 4.1.8.

Happy Java programming!

Jun Inamori

View raw message