tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: [5] commons-logging
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 02:30:11 GMT
On Tuesday 06 August 2002 12:52 pm, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> Just to make sure: is everyone ok with using commons-logging in 5.0 ?
>
> I'm doing some changes and I'm replacing or adding log statements
> using commons-logging.
>
> Please send your -1 if you think this should be discussed more.
>
> Costin
I just noticed that 'ant download' builds a slightly broken commons-logging by
default. Unless LogKit and Log4J are present in ~/build.properties, or
overridden, the built commons-logging doesn't support either. This won't be
an issue once there's a release, of course.

The patch is pretty straightforward, and I'll post it once I've got everything
cleaned up.

I have noticed that it's _very_ difficult to get reproducible builds of
Tomcat. It's so flexible about missing optional components that it's almost
never the case that the version I build is the same as the version someone
else builds.  'ant download' goes a long way towards fixing that problem. I'd
like to extend it to the optional components, also.

	-SMD