tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New coyote branch
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:32:27 GMT

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: costinm@covalent.net
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: New coyote branch
>
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Peter Lin wrote:
>
> >  Justyna Horwat wrote:I looked in jakarta-tomcat-connectors and it doesn't look
like
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors has been branched yet. I checked the archives
> > and saw the vote results where it was decided that the HEAD of
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors will be used for Tomcat 5 and Coyote 1.0 would
> > be branched.
> >
> > I'd like to request that this branch be created. Remy?
> >
> > The reason I ask is that I'm working on a servlet 2.4 servlet request
> > events implementation which involves modifying CoyoteRequest.java.
>
> What kind of changes ? Coyote should be independent of servlet,
> if you need to add something you can add it to the main branch.
>
> 2.4 should be backward compatible - so it shouldn't change any
> behavior.

Servlet 2.4 introduces attribute change listeners on the ServletRequest
interface, analogous to the ones on sessions and contexts.  The
implementation of these features has to be in the concrete ServletRequest
instance's removeAttribute() and setAttribute() methods.  See the public
draft spec for details.

In the current Catalina archtecture, the connector provides this concrete
class -- and in the case at hand, it's CoyoteRequest.

> Costin

Craig