tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Herrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Re: getting patches commited
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:49:30 GMT
On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 11:28, John Trollinger wrote:
> If I add a patch to a bug does the patch still have to be submitted as a
> patch (via the [patch] subject line) to get into committers hands?

No, but posting to the tomcat-dev list is more visible.  Your subject
line is pretty important also.  Committers tend to be busy and only look
at stuff that they are familure with and understand... Getting stuff
committed relies a bit on selling the issue to someone who can take the
time to understand the problem, the solution and has the time to apply
the fix.

Cheers,
-bob