tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Herrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Re: [5.0] [PROPOSAL] Refactored mapper
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:20:09 GMT
On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 13:23, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been hinting at rewriting the main Catalina mapper for Tomcat 5.
>
> The proposal is designed to improve performance, avoid generating
> uneeded garbage String objects, and optimize the welcome files processing.

FYI, The 2.4 spec seems to allow servlets to handle "welcome file"
processing too.  Not sure I understand this completely, but I am looking
into it (with an eye towards implementing something to satisfy the 2.4
Spec's servlets as providers of "welcome" files.  Perhaps welcome page
would be better than 'welcome file.', but I digress)

Cheers,
-bob