tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhenxin wang" <zhen...@docomolabs-usa.com>
Subject Re: contexts in server.xml and directories under webapps
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:52:19 GMT
The manager app (via calling StandardHost.install(..)) did create the
directory and everything under it.
On restart, it is still there and accessible by clients.

--Zhenxin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: contexts in server.xml and directories under webapps

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Zhenxin wang wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:09:04 -0700
> > From: Zhenxin wang <zhenxin@docomolabs-usa.com>
> > To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Cc: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: contexts in server.xml and directories under webapps
> >
> > Normally, each context in server.xml file has a corresponding directory
under webapps, and vice versa.
> > However, when I deployed a app under webapps directory with the help of
the manager app, I noticed that there is no change to server.xml. When I
restarted the server, the newly deployed app is picked up and become
accessible as normal. Looks like as long as the app directory is there, it
does not matter much wether the context is in the server.xml file or not.

> > My question is that is it true that Tomcat looks for deployed
apps/contexts under webapps directory and server.xml only provides
additional information for the apps/contexts?