tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhenxin wang" <zhen...@docomolabs-usa.com>
Subject Re: deployment using the manager app
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:14:46 GMT
Hi, Dan

Thanks for the reply. For what you mentioned in the first paragraph, can you
explain in a bit more detail how can I make the manager to create the right
directories? I can bear with the limitatations about the directory names.

--Zhenxin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Sandberg" <x@cs.stanford.edu>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: deployment using the manager app

> The easiest way to deal with this is to tell the manager to deploy the
> webapp into whichever directory is specified as the 'appBase' in the
> Host tag of server.xml.
>
> Since apps that are under that directory are automatically deployed,
> you're all set.
>
> The limitations are that the context name will be the same as the
> directory name, and that you can only have one 'appBase' directory.
>
> We should put this in a FAQ -- I was wondering the same thing a few
> weeks ago.
>
> -Dan
>
> Zhenxin wang wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >While Tomcat 4.0.4 is running, I deployed a new application with the
"manager" from a war file, everything looks good and the the newly installed
app is accessible from the browser. But, I checked the directory of webapps,
there is no newly created directory, and there is no change to the
conf/server.xml file either (no newly added context for the installed app).
If it is the corrrect behavior, that means this dynamic deployment is only
transient.