tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhenxin wang" <zhen...@docomolabs-usa.com>
Subject deployment using the manager app
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 23:45:13 GMT
Hi,

While Tomcat 4.0.4 is running, I deployed a new application with the "manager" from a war
file, everything looks good and the the newly installed app is accessible from the browser.
But, I checked the directory of webapps, there is no newly created directory, and there is
no change to the conf/server.xml file either (no newly added context for the installed app).
If it is the corrrect behavior, that means this dynamic deployment is only transient.

Then, I shutdown the server and restarted, the newly installed app is not accessible anymore.

I wonder why is it not made persistent, what are the issues?
How can I make it persistent? (By creating directory and modify server.xml file?)

--Zhenxin Wang
DoCoMo Labs USA