tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject adding a MIME mapping for WSDL documents
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:49:54 GMT
Hello,

Would it be possible to add the following to the list of MIME mappings
in the conf/web.xml file?

  <mime-mapping>
    <extension>wsdl</extension>
    <mime-type>text/xml</mime-type>
  </mime-mapping>

WSDL currently doesn't have a registered MIME type; so text/xml
should work fine (or application/xml - take your pick .. I don't
care which one).

Without this its impossible to download a WSDL document from
tomcat using the Java URL class (getContent()) as that thing
seems to assume a content-type header is present. It appears
that Tomcat no longer adds a default content-type .. so that
means everyone who wants to host URL class downloadable WSDL
in tomcat (4.*+ at least) needs to edit conf/web.xml.

I don't read tomcat-dev normally, so please cc me if there
are any questions / concerns.

Thanks!

Sanjiva.