tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Spec question: RE BUG 12052
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:28:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <cmanolache@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.devel
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:36 AM
Subject: RE: Spec question: RE BUG 12052

> John Trollinger wrote:
>

> > I can agree that mod_jk can be seen as part of the servlet container,
> > but
> > I wonder how you are going to "fake" tomcat into thinking the request
> > came from
> > port 80 when it really came from port 8009 and what other implication /
> > assumptions
> > would occur because of this.
>
> That's simple - all web servers provide the port used to receive
> the request. And that's forwarded to tomcat, and set in the request.
> That's how it allways worked.

Costin is correct.  mod_jk has always set request.getServerPort() to 80 when
Apache is running on 80, and forwarding on 8009 to TC.

The question in 12052 is whether Apache should use the socket port (as it
does now), or the port in the Host header.  When this came up with the
Coyote/Http11 connector, the decision was that the Host header was the
correct one.  I'd have to say that the bug is valid.