tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniela Barreiro Claro" <dancl...@softplan.com.br>
Subject Re: Load a DLL using Tomcat4.0.4 as NT Service
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:20:34 GMT

Thanks a lot, this really works and resolve my problem!

Another suggestion, someone told me to put my .dll in the Winnt\system32 and
i did put too.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brehmer" <brehmer@cbsweb.net>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: Load a DLL using Tomcat4.0.4 as NT Service

Use regedit to add your dll path to the NT service parameter. The registry
key
where service parameters can be found is

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service
name>\Parameters

Note: Replace <service name> by the name of your Tomcat service, e.g.
"Apache Tomcat 4.1".

There's a value named "JVM Option Number ?" which starts with
"-Djava.class.path". Append your
dll path there. Separator is a colon, i think.

Hope it works...

Andreas

On 14.08.2002 at 10:29 Daniela Barreiro Claro wrote:

>What should i do to load a DLL using  Tomcat 4.0.4 as NT Service. I use the
Tomcat 4.0.4 service default, when i installed it, but it did not load my
DLL. I put the ld_path inside workers.properties setting the path pointing
to my .dll, but it did not find the .dll. When i start the Tomcat not as NT
Service, i have put my path directly on the setclasspath.bat, and all things
functions perfectly. Any suggestions will be fine! TIA