tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <scottstirl...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: [5] launcher/deamon
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:08:36 GMT
I thought WSH (Windows Scripting Host) was standard on most Windows.
Yeah, maybe not Win9x.  And 5.6, the latest, is not on NT 4 or Win2K by
default -- you have to upgrade.  Painless process, but adds a step.

What about beanshell for a small scripting environment?  Or Jython?
Check out this article:

Java scripting languages: Which is right for you?
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2002/jw-0405-scripts.html

Sun and IBM JDK's come with a javaw.exe for starting windowless Java
applications.

Redirecting stderr and stdout can be done from Java, right?  Doesn't
have to be done in the shell script.

Scott Stirling