tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: mod_jk, mod_jk2 URI spaces
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:22:47 GMT
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Mladen Turk wrote:

> > Now I propose that we make something like _not_ URI space
> > filtering. Meaning that one could be able to serve every
> > .html file through TC except for the /*/some_space/ location.
> > Right now we are checking and hoping that the TC will accept
> > the context, and then we forget that immediately. I propose
> > that we make the map_to_storage two way (If the TC accepts it
> > and then checking if the Apache configuration rejects it).
> >
> > Does that make any sense?
> >
> After I read my mail, it doesn't make sense even for me :)

I actually understood the orginal mail, it's not that bad
( i.e. I've written worse messages :-)

> For example (what I have in mind) using mod_jk:
> JkMount /examples/*
> (This  will map /examples URI space and everything belonging to the
> /examples will be served by the TC).
> JkNotMount /examples/*.gif
> JkNotMount /examples/*.jpg
> (This  will map /examples URI space and everything will be served by the
> TC except the gif and jpg files).

The goal is to have tomcat serve dynamic content and apache static
content, respecting as strictly as possible the web.xml semantic.

Anything that helps that goal is good.

However, I would like to see this in jk2 - JkMount is going
to be deprecated and there is the issue of supporting multiple
servers ( it won't be trivial to fix iis/nes in jk1.2 to support
the same thing ). Plus jk1.2 is stable and close to a release.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message