tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2 mod_jk2.c
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:09:37 GMT
On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Bill Barker wrote:

> At the moment, the servlet-mapping issue is somewhat of a red-herring, since
> only 3.3.2-dev supports it (and even there, it is disabled by default).  For
> now, mod_jk(2) might as well assume that the physical jsp/vm file is there,
> since Tomcat requires that it is.  The real issue is that jk_map_to_storage

I'm beginning to doubt the spec can be implemented - I just can't find
any reasonable way to deal with extensions mapping.

Yes, I know tomcat doesn't implement it very well either.

> I *really* don't like the idea of passing DIR_MAGIC_TYPE requests to Tomcat,
> since I tend to set up directories with only static content that only Apache
> knows about.  Sending them to Tomcat just gives me very many 404 errors, so

Not all DIR_MAGIC_TYPE, only those that belong to a webapplication.

And possibly based on some option to enable/disable this behavior.

Costin