tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Artur Jonak" <Artur.Jo...@empolis.pl>
Subject Tomcat servlet and JBoss client problem!
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 12:09:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 4.0 as a servlet container for my servlet 'deltaclient'.
This servlet is in fact a client of EJB application deployed on JBoss 2.4.4
This application runs on separate machine and requires authentication for
every
client app.
The problem is that I can not instantiate
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext object from inside of the
servlet. This object is required to make login operation and I have to
create this in
my client servlet.
When I try to execute the same code as a simple java program (with main
function) not as a servlet
it works!
I suppose that the problem is with java's SecurityManager config of Tomcat.
But what can I
do to solve this?

Please help!
Artur

PS
See the log output:

StandardWrapperValve[deltaclient]: Allocate exception for servlet
deltaclient
javax.servlet.ServletException: unable to instantiate LoginConfiguration
javax.servlet.ServletException: unable to instantiate LoginConfiguration
 	at pl.empolis.delta.servlet.DeltaClient.init(DeltaClient.java:59)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:91
6)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:653)
	at
va:214)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 	at
va:190)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 	at
 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
 	at
)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 	at
java:170)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 	at
 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 	at
:174)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 	at
 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 	at
1012)
 	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107
)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Pozdrawiam,
AJ

<mailto:Artur.Jonak@empolis.pl>
<http://strony.wp.pl/wp/ajonak>