tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Luby <patrick.l...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [5.0] [VOTE] New branches and repositories
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:15:29 GMT
Remy,

Below are my votes. I like the idea of using repositories without
versions numbers for the Catalina, Jasper, and Tomcat code. It always
seemed to me to be a pain to create a new CVS repository every time
there is a new release instead of just creating a branch for the old
release.

Patrick

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> <ballot>
>
> A) Servlet 2.4 & JSP 2.0 API
> 1. [X] Use new jakarta-servletapi-5
> 2. [ ] Use the HEAD of jakarta-servletapi
> 3. [ ] Other:
>
> B) Catalina 2.0
> 1. [X] Use new jakarta-tomcat-catalina
> 2. [ ] Use new jakarta-tomcat-5.0
> 3. [ ] Use the HEAD of jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> 4. [ ] Other:
>
> C) Coyote 2.0
> 1. [X] Yes, use the HEAD of jakarta-tomcat-connectors
> 2. [ ] No, use:
>
> D) Tomcat 5.0
> 1. [ ] Use new jakarta-tomcat-5.0
> 2. [ ] Use the HEAD of jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> 3. [X] Use the HEAD of jakarta-tomcat
> 4. [ ] Other:
>
> E) Jasper 2.0
> 1. [X] Yes, use the HEAD of jakarta-tomcat-jasper
> 2. [ ] No, use:
>
> </ballot>

Patrick Luby                     Email: patrick.luby@sun.com
Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900