tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject RE: getRequestURI()
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:42:23 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: getRequestURI()

>> Ah - now I feel stupid. I was thinking he was saying encodeURL didn't
>> put it there. According to what your interpretation is he things
>> getRequestURI doesn't get it back. :-/

No, I tell that getRequestURI in Tomcat returns file name only - and I'm FINE with that.

While, in JRun getRequestURI returns  file name + jsessionid - and I'm not FINE with that.

Macromedia support tells that Jrun behavior is according to the specification, and
that all other AS are wrong and JRun is right in this particular case.

Then, who IS right?

I'll buy that - especially since
you're quoting it from the docs ;-) *feels stupid*

Is it a usage question rather than an implementation question? You can
get the querystring too. It does make for another call - but you can
bypass the expense of the concatenation by just printing them out
adjacent. Right?

Thinking ...

Eddie