tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Miesfeld" <miesf...@acm.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2 mod_jk2.c
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:44:25 GMT
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:09:03 +0200, Mladen Turk wrote:

: I'm all together very unsure whether we are doing the right thing.
:   ...
: For a default directory index we should use the TC not Apache, or we'll
: never end that story.
:
: Perhaps I'm wrong and would like to hear some good explanation for the
: purpose of that (I mean DirectoryIndex), and  why we need the Apache's
: mod_dir to do that.

Okay, this is probably my fault for opening up the wrong defect and user
error.  I was not really trying to use DirectoryIndex to get the default
file served.

But here was the situation: say I have 3 contexts, the root, /taza.net,
and /tomcat/examples.  Each one of these has index.jsp as the default
file.

I can get /tomcat/examples/ and /taza.net/ to serve the default file by
using [uri:/tomcat/examples/] and [uri:/taza.net/].  This is where the
user error comes; I thought this was a work around for a defect because
using mod_jk and apache 1.39 I only needed to do:

  JkMount /taza.net/*.jsp ajp13Worker
  JkMount /taza.net/servlet/* ajp13Worker

and did not need to do:

  JkMount /taza.net/ ajp13Worker

However, for the root context I can not get index.jsp served.  If I use
[uri:/] then something breaks and nothing is served by tomcat.  Maybe
that is the defect I should have opened, or maybe that is user error
also?

What should I have in workers2.properties to have tomcat through mod_jk2
serve up index.jsp when I go to http://my.numeric.ip/  ?

Here are some of the relevant lines from my current workers2.properties:

# Uri mappings:

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

# root  If I uncomment the following, things break and nothing is served
# by tomcat
#[uri:/]
#worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
#debug=9

[uri:/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=9

[uri:/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

# TAZA.net
[uri:/taza.net/]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

[uri:/taza.net/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

[uri:/taza.net/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

[uri:/taza.net/pages/Assistance]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

# Tomcat standard examples
#[uri:/tomcat/examples/]
#worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
#debug=9

[uri:/tomcat/examples/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

[uri:/tomcat/examples/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:204.210.44.99:8009
debug=0

[uri:/tomcat/examples/SendMailServlet]
info=Need this mapping for the send mail example to work.

--
Mark Miesfeld
miesfeld@acm.org