tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <>
Subject RE: mod_jk, mod_jk2 URI spaces
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:00:16 GMT
On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 23:55, Mladen Turk wrote:
> > Now I propose that we make something like _not_ URI space
> > filtering. Meaning that one could be able to serve every
> > .html file through TC except for the /*/some_space/ location.
> > Right now we are checking and hoping that the TC will accept
> > the context, and then we forget that immediately. I propose
> > that we make the map_to_storage two way (If the TC accepts it
> > and then checking if the Apache configuration rejects it).

This above sentence is confusing. You probably meant configuration
options as a series of include/exclude switches, rsync style.

> After I read my mail, it doesn't make sense even for me :)
> For example (what I have in mind) using mod_jk:
> JkMount /examples/*
> (This  will map /examples URI space and everything belonging to the
> /examples will be served by the TC).
> JkNotMount /examples/*.gif
> JkNotMount /examples/*.jpg
> (This  will map /examples URI space and everything will be served by the
> TC except the gif and jpg files).

I see your point here. You are running a setup where anything not
specifically targeted for Apache goes to Tomcat. As long as this doesn't
affect current situation (and I don't see how it would) where I can set
up that Tomcat only gets what's not specifically targeted for Apache,
I'm +1. This would make mod_jk configuration really flexible.

PS. Given 1.2.0 is due for a release when Henri comes back from holidays
(in about 2 weeks time), are you planning the patches for this before of
after the release?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message