tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Amy Roh" <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: catalina.mbeans package
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:24:00 GMT
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> > Most of the time, you want MBeans to directly delegate attribute read
and
> > write operations to the corresponding component object.  Sometimes,
> > though, that is not possible (for example, when the component getter
takes
> > an actual object, and the MBean takes a string containing the MBean
name).
> > Thus, you can subclass the provided base ModelMBean class and override
> > just the methods you care about -- everything else will pass through
with
> > no changes.
>
> Many classes are just extending BaseModelMBean and do nothing ( all those
> with around 4k size :-).

Yes.  There're a few classes that need to be deleted since they're not
getting used.  Initially I added them to handle special cases and realized
those objects don't need any special case stuff on the implementation.
Looking at it quickly we don't use HttpConnectorMBean, HttpsConnectorMBean,
LoaderMBean, LoggerMBean, ManagerMBean, RealmMBean, and ValveBaseMBean
anymore.

Should I delete them from both 4.0 and the new jakarta-tomcat-catalina or
just the new repository?

Thanks,
Amy

> For all others - I think we should try to move the method implementation
> in the real code, and keep using 'plain' modeler.
>

> > There are a bunch of methods on the Connector implementations that are
not
> > exposed in Connector.java itself -- and we didn't want to change
Connector