tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alfian Hadi" <alfianh...@seatech.com>
Subject Include directive in Tomcat4
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:17:08 GMT
Hi all,

I am facing problem using include directive in tomcat 4.0.4. Here is the
situation:

I create a new folder named: test under webapps (webapps/test). The folder
test contains two files:
- index.jsp
- hello.html

In index.jsp, this is what I have for the directive:
<%@ include file = "/test/hello.html" %>

Then I received this error:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: /index.jsp(3,38) File
"/test/hello.html" not found

It seems that I cannot use the absolute path for include directive with
tomcat. This is just a simple sample. Actually I have a working JSP
application that I need to deploy on tomcat 4 and it cannot work because the
application use a lot of absolute path for the include directive. Any ideas
? Thanks.

- Alfian -