tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk, mod_jk2 URI spaces
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:55:16 GMT
> Now I propose that we make something like _not_ URI space
> filtering. Meaning that one could be able to serve every
> .html file through TC except for the /*/some_space/ location.
> Right now we are checking and hoping that the TC will accept
> the context, and then we forget that immediately. I propose
> that we make the map_to_storage two way (If the TC accepts it
> and then checking if the Apache configuration rejects it).
>
> Does that make any sense?

After I read my mail, it doesn't make sense even for me :)

For example (what I have in mind) using mod_jk:

JkMount /examples/*
(This  will map /examples URI space and everything belonging to the
/examples will be served by the TC).

JkNotMount /examples/*.gif
JkNotMount /examples/*.jpg

(This  will map /examples URI space and everything will be served by the
TC except the gif and jpg files).

MT.