tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject mod_jk, mod_jk2 URI spaces
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:37:30 GMT
Hi,

Just been working for a week on a real-life TC-mod_jk situation, and
found some interesting limitations (well, point of views to the
concept).

What are we doing right now is 'favoring' TC over Apache URI resolving,
meaning that if we set something like /*.html, then all the .html
context will be server by the TC.

Now I propose that we make something like _not_ URI space filtering.
Meaning that one could be able to serve every .html file through TC
except for the /*/some_space/ location. Right now we are checking and
hoping that the TC will accept the context, and then we forget that
immediately. I propose that we make the map_to_storage two way (If the
TC accepts it and then checking if the Apache configuration rejects it).

Does that make any sense?

MT.