tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2 mod_jk2.c
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2002 06:22:39 GMT

What if the TC's directory tree is on the remote server? What is the
finfo then and where?
If you cannot use the mod_dir for all the cases than what is the purpose
of using it for a particular one.
IMO one should be able to move the entire app from server to server
without extra reconfiguration.

> Probably a better fix is to simply get rid of the storage map
> hook altogether, since we know that it doesn't play well with
> others.  mod_cgi doesn't try and have a hook like that for instance.

No, we don't have a file system if the TC is on the other server.

> As Mark has pointed out, the problem is that a request for
> /myapp/ that has an "index.jsp" file sitting in the directory
> is really in TC tree.  However
> mod_jk(2) doesn't know that until mod_dir starts processing.
> Of course, you could
>   JkMount /myapp/ ajp13
> or
>   JkSet url:/myapp/.worker lb
> but then you might as well just go ahead and use mod_webapp
> and save yourself a lot of hassle.

As I said if you send a request for a /myapp/ the TC should decide what
is the default file to serve cause it doesn't really have to be in the
file system at all. The page could easily come from some database or
some other dynamic source.

The things that we should do is to fix the DocumentRoot merging, cause
all other situations seems to work.

MT.