tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2 mod_jk2.c
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:09:03 GMT
That wouldn't work!
I'm all together very unsure whether we are doing the right thing.
What would be the purpose of the some default file for a directory that
is inside the apache's directory tree?
The purpose of the rewrite hooks is IMO to enable the apache to see TC's
directory tree as something of its own.
Doing hacks like that makes a lots of space for various attacks, and I
think we should reject to serve the requests that doesn't belog to the
TC's tree.
For a default directory index we should use the TC not Apache, or we'll
never end that story.

Perhaps I'm wrong and would like to hear some good explanation for the
purpose of that (I mean DirectoryIndex), and  why we need the Apache's
mod_dir to do that.

So I'm -0 on that subject, and would like to see the things like that
have been before attempting to use DirectoryIndex to serve the things
that TC should serve and decide about.

MT.