tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Grosser" <diop...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to start the j_security_check servlet if using SSLAuthenticator
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:15:33 GMT
Hello,
I have been looking at extending the SSLAuthenticator class to accept
Certificates AND Form type logins using a JDBC connector.
This would have seemed relatively simple - but I have not been able to
instantiate the j_security_check servlet for the SSLAuthenticator class
(as it seems to only work for FormAuthenticator).
I have not been able to find the reference for where j_security_check is
called by the Context config/manager and how it recognizes whether the
authentication used is of type FORM/CLIENT-CERT

Perhaps it has something to do with the difference between

ContextConfig[]: Configured an authenticator for method FORM

 And

ContextConfig[]: Configured an authenticator for method CLIENT-CERT

But I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Please help

Cheers