tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@mappingsoft.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk 1.2.0 - release notes
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:59:32 GMT

Firewall support options:

socket_keepalive=0[1]
Using the keep-alive socket option the mod_jk connector  can request
that a TCP/IP provider enable the use of keep-alive packets on TCP
connections.

socket_timeout=<seconds>
The socket_timeout forces the socket disconnection if the connection has
not been used for specified number of seconds.

Performance options:

cache_timeout=<seconds>
This option used together with cachesize, enables the errorless peek
server loads. To be able to use that option the cachesize must be set
for threaded servers (IIS/Apache WIN32) to the value that is slightly
higher then the maximum number of concurrent users.

After the cache_timeout all unused connections will be forcibly dropped.

Example:

#This directive will handle up to the 100 concurent users for threaded
servers
worker.ajp13.cachesize=100
#When the server load drops all the extra connections will be recycled
worker.ajp13.cache_timeout=15

#Set the keep-alive option if the TC is behind the firewall
worker.ajp13.socket_keepalive=1
#Set the 30 minute timeout (check with the firewall settings)
worker.ajp13.socket_timeout=900

Sorry, It's not much ;)

MT.