tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Asar.K...@reuters.com
Subject Re: New warp connector 4.0.4 does not work
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:49:07 GMT

Hi Pier,

Yes, I can confirm that I am using the prefork mpm.

Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean?

Is that the problem?

Should I rebuild Apache using the --enable-threads option instead?

Best Regards
Asar Khan

                    Pier

                    Fumagalli           To:      Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <pier@betaver       cc:

                    sion.org>            Subject:     Re: New warp connector 4.0.4 does
not work
                                         Header:      Internal Use Only

                    21/06/2002

                    15:41

                    Please

                    respond to

                    Tomcat

                    Developers

                    List

"Asar.Khan@reuters.com" <Asar.Khan@reuters.com> wrote:

>>> "Asar.Khan@reuters.com" <Asar.Khan@reuters.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> We have Apache 2.0.39 and tomcat 4.0.4 running using the old 4.0.2-01 warp
>>> connector.
>>>
>>> I have tried to build and use the new connector without success. Although it
>>> builds fine and Apache seems not to complain about it, I cannot access any
>>> pages and keep getting 302 temporarily moved error. The log files do not
>>> provide any useful information either.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Also, does anyone know if there is any decent documentation on this?
>>
>> I haven't yet tried on this environment... What MPM are you using? What OS?
>> Did you recompile it from the sources?
>>
>>    Pier
>>

>> --
>

> Pier,
>
> The environment is Linux (Redhat 7.2) kernel 2.4.9-34
>
> I used the following steps:
>
> 1. compiled and installed apache-2.0.39 from source.
> 2. compiled and installed autconf 2.53 from source (required for new
> connector)
> 3. compiled and installed from source from:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/src/jakarta
> -tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src.tar.gz
>
> An older version jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src.tar.gz works fine.
>
> Any ideas?

Nope. That doesn't tell me ANYTHING on how your HTTP stack is configured...
I suppose you're using the PREFORK mpm, as that's the default. But please
confirm that...

    Pier