tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Performance Test Workload: HelloWorld Servlet
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:03:26 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Christopher K.  St.  John wrote:

>   - I chose the test based on Costin's feedback of the sort of tests
>     he was using[1]. I may be a suspicious SOB, but I strive to be an

Actually, I sugested the ServletOutputStream because it avoids the
char->byte conversion and allows to test more acurately the mapping.
It also shows ( when compared with the writer ) how much overhead
we still have in the c->b. In tomcat3.2 and the old 4.0 connector
you'll see pretty big differences between the 2 test cases,
while in 3.3 and coyote you'll likely see a smaller difference.

Let me know when you have the results with the writer.

Costin