tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] RegisterNatives
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 16:03:54 GMT
Few questions:

- Do we still need System.load() in jniMode ? I noticed you made it
configurable, but if registerNatives works there's no reason to keep
the old ( ugly ) mechanism.

- I'm not sure it'll work in standalone mode if you comment out
apr_initialize(). "Standalone" means java using jkjni to access
unix channel, scoreboard, locks and all the apr stuff that'll
be exposed.

I'll uncomment it and add a method that will be called in in-process
mode to set a flag to disable the initialize() ( it'll also set
the workerEnv and all the stuff we compute for standalone mode )

Costin