tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [JKANT] Resources & Evolution to cpptasks
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 22:58:16 GMT
On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> I towards augment the msvc compiler adapter to deal with rc files in the
> same way it deals now with c ones.. later the linker will need to treat
> res and obj files the same.
>
> Another approach? Comments Please

+1, it should be fine.

> About the SourceForge ant cpptask, after a brief study of their docs, it
> seems to me that they have libtool support at least there is a libtool
> attribute somewhere :), but not found any reference to res or rc files
> there :(.. so I will stick at modiying jkant to suit my needs..

They support libtool, there is a bug that prevent it to work on multiple
files - at least last time I checked.

It seems cpptasks is moving pretty well, hope soon we could use it
and maybe merge the netware and gcj compilers. Right now there are several
problems, and I don't want to destabilise the build.

Costin