tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Proposal draft for Tomcat 5.0 : benchmarks
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:46:16 GMT
>Ok... Now you said (correct me if I'm wrong), that your site
>has 5000/10000
>servlets request per day, right?

My setup is for more than ONE clients, many clients, many JVM,
many tomcats, but with an average of 5000/10000 reqs by client
site by days.

>And now you say that to handle that load, you're using FOUR
>OS/400 systems
>and SIX Linux systems...

I said, that I use many Tomcats on many differents systems,
without any problems.

And you know what, I could even use mod_jk load-balancing
support to have scalabity.

>Our site runs on one machine... A two way UltraSparc-II at 440
>Mhz, with two
>gigs o' ram... And we do some 1000 times more requests...
>Mindblowing...

That's clearly depends on the web application you have,
and our application does many things in both servlet/jsp/xsl
and OS/400 (couldn't tell you anything more without apache sign an
NDA).