tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <>
Subject mod_jk 1.2.0 release news
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:36:29 GMT
Ok, I restarted the test using ab against
Apache 1.3/2.0 and Tomcat 3.3.1 and 4.0.4.

Status/Stability :

I stressed latest jk 1.2.0 with ab using 127
concurrents requests, asking for 1 Million requests
for the good old HelloWorldExample servlet
(Mladen discovered a problem with ab with dynamic

I didn't have any error now, with any
combinaison of Apache 1.3/2.0 and
Tomcat 3.3.1/4.0.4.

Nacho does also extended testing with IIS
without any problems

We need now people to test jk 1.2.0 against
apache 1.3/2.0 on windows (and windows/cygwin ?).
Also we need testing for iplanet.

Bugzilla :

ID Sev Pri Plt Owner State Result Summary
5925  Cri Oth PC NEW  Apache server hangs up and consumes 100%
CPU resource when u
7863  Maj Oth PC NEW  I have a problem when running Tomcat with
9913  Nor Oth PC NEW  Default pages not picked up by mod_jk
1.2.0 with Apache 2.0.

ID Sev Pri Plt Owner State Result Summary
4500  Nor Oth PC NEW  isapi_redirect.dll does not pass Client
certificate to tomca
4930  Maj Hig PC ASSI Type
code out of range, is
5709  Nor Oth All REOP  HttpServletRequest.getHost returns web
server address or nul
6457  Cri Oth Sun NEW  mod_jk causes segmentation fault with
JkLogLevel != debug
6983  Nor Oth Oth NEW  SSL + Mac + IE5 = no session cookies
8541  Nor Oth PC NEW  IIS redirector URL-encodes cookie values
8613  Maj Oth Sun NEW  POST request with invalid Content-Length
8709  Maj Hig PC NEW  ISAPI Filter failing to pass on DAV "OPTIONS"
8918  Nor Oth Sun NEW  Wrong ContentType set.
9334  Nor Oth PC NEW  Intermittent parsing error in Ajp13Request
9417  Blo Oth Oth NEW  ajp13 conector does not pass Query string
corectly to tomcat
9791  Cri Oth All NEW  Form-based login fails using apache,
mod_jk, mod_ssl without
9832  Cri Oth PC NEW  Tomcat 4 IIS redirector cannot cope with
9936  Cri Hig All NEW  http tunnel could not work with mod_jk

Many of them seems more related to java side than native side.
Others are for IIS integration (Nacho thanks to see what could be done).

Patches :

Before we release mod_jk 1.2.0 there was
proposed patches by Mladen Turk (pool of workers)
and Jan Singer (timeout/keepalive) which could be
applied to mod_jk 1.2.0.

The patches proposed by Jan will be really
usefull when you got a firewall between
Apache and Tomcat (a common situation) and
shouldn't brake anything.

The patches proposed by Mladen are more complex
and I'd like to delay them for mod_jk 1.2.1 or
may be better see how they included/adapted for jk2.

Documentation :

Both series of patches will need a documentation
update, and I'd like to switch to xml documentations
format used by JF for jk2 for :

I'll convert all of them to xml, but will need
help for in-process, iis, netscape to update what's

I discover many documentations about jk/webapp/tomcat's on the web :

These documentations are excellent so I've contacted authors to see
if they could be interested in contributing some updated how-to/guide
which will be present in mod_jk 1.2.0 release or later at jakarta.

Contributors :

We'll need people using others platform like HP-UX, AIX,
Solaris (sparc/intel), MacOS/X (Pier ?), OS/390, OS/400
to build mod_jk 1.2.0 after I tag it and release the tarball.

Apply Jan patches, review

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message