tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <>
Subject RE: Proposal draft for Tomcat 5.0
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:04:19 GMT
A big +1 for that draft.

Things I'd like to see in TC 5.0.

don't decode full HTTP headers until
user code ask for (ie locales(), ssl certs)

It will make TC 5.0 faster (less request processing
time, less objets creation/recycling).

Extended JMX support:

TC 5.0 should be manageable via JMX console tools.

Better integration with WebServers:

extended use of JK2 to void duplicate works in web-servers
and TC 5.0, for example it's a waste of time to decode some
http-headers one time in Apache 2.0 and another time in TC.

All in one, this 5.0 proposal is a good news.

Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL :        (. .)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>