tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: JNDI & DS Documentation Proposal
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:49:18 GMT
"Les Hughes" <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We're all probably aware of the high amount of noise on tomcat-user
> regarding configuring datasources and jndi in TC 4. Having battled through
> it and submitted a brief how-to for the solution that works for me, I'm
> proposing updating the TC documentation to include this and a couple of
> examples for perhaps other databases (oracle?)
> I'm not professing to be an expert in this (I guess I just got lucky....) so
> could someone vet
> ( and let
> me know of (a) any other bits I should include/know about and (b) whether I
> should go ahead and generate a patch for the docs at all?

Les, that is good... The only thing I can "nitpick" on (since it seems my
task over here now! :) is that by putting the <Resource> inside the
<Context>, your resource will only be visible to that particular context (in
your case "DBTest").

If you could expand it, by also describing the case of a resource shared by
more than one context, that would be great... Good addition...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message