tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Vikramjit Singh <vikramj...@gtllimited.com>
Subject FW: manager not accepting the username and password
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:14:56 GMT
Hi,
Had posted this question to the user list earlier but got no reply, hope
somebody might explain over here.

> I have installed my tomcat 4.0.3. i had changed the user
> name, password and
> >role in tomcat-users.xml file to what i needed and that time
> it was working.
> >Now when i give the same user id and password it is not
> accepting. I cant
> >understand this weird behaviour. I have checked the
> tomcat-users file, and
> >everything is fine as it should be. Please somebody could
> throw some light
> >on where i must have gone wrong.

here is the contents of  tomcat-user.xml file.

<!--
  NOTE:  By default, no user is included in the "manager" role required
  to operate the "/manager" web application.  If you wish to use this app,
  you must define such a user - the username and password are arbitrary.
-->
<tomcat-users>
  <user name="vikram" password="vikram" roles="manager" />
  <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
  <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>

i dont understand, when it was working earlier, why does it now not accept
the same username and password. Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Vikramjit Singh,
Systems Engineer,
GTL Ltd.