tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Smiley Jonathan <smileyjonat...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject webapp connector configure.in problem with alt apache layout
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:23:41 GMT
G'day,

  Apache httpd 2 supports different ways of laying out the installed files when
building and installing from the source via the config.layout file.  I built
and installed using a variant of the "opt" layout that is FHS compliant.

  Unfortunately, configure.in for webapp contains some hardwired layout
assumptions.  Here's an example:

      MODULE="apache-2.0"
      local_prefix="`${APXS} -q PREFIX`"
      LIBTOOL="$local_prefix/build/libtool"

  I suggested an enhancement (#9316) to the Apache folks that will help out
with this and the change has just been checked in:

> "apxs -q installbuilddir" now works with the current code in CVS.

  There have also been a few other apxs fixes checked in, so it's less broken
than the comment in configure.in suggests.

  Just thought I'd let you know.

Regards,
                                                 Jonathan Knispel

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12