tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arshad Mahmood" <arsh...@compuvision.co.uk>
Subject Re: JNDI with a custom factory not working
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:39:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: JNDI with a custom factory not working

> There was a simple bug until very recently which caused the resource
> defined in web.xml to override the one defined in server.xml (and then
> it didn't work).
> This bug has always been there, and it has been fixed to some extent in
> 4.1.3, although it is a partial fix (4.1.4 fixes the remaining issues).
>
> > To look into the problem I put some debug into the
> > "org.apache.naming.NamingContext" class in the
> > lookup method.
> >
> > I noticed that when this class was called a few times, the "name" member
> > varied between "//Standalone/myapp" amd
> > "//Standalone/localhost/myapp", etc.
>
> There is only one naming context per web application, and it is
> instantiated by the NamingContextListener.
>
> I don't understand how you get into that situation, and it is working
> fine for me overall (ie, if I do a lookup in a servlet, it always goes
> to the same context).

I do get the same context when I ask for it in my web application. The
problem
is that I can see from the debug that my "Resource" definitions in the
global naming resources appear to be in one context, the "ResourceLink" I
have defined in
the "<Context" for my webapp go into another, but the one I am given when I
use
a lookup for "java:comp/env" in my servlet init function appears to have
only those
defined in the web.xml.

I realise you are incredibly busy, but if you have naming working, can you
please try and
generate one with a custom factory. As I have followed the instructions in
JNDI-Howto,
but the only things in the "bindings" when I retrieve the "java:comp/env"
are the ones I have
defined in the web.xml, and these don't allow you to specify a factory.