tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arshad Mahmood" <arsh...@compuvision.co.uk>
Subject Re: 5.0 proposal
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:27:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pier Fumagalli" <pier@betaversion.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: 5.0 proposal

> Arshad Mahmood <arshadm@compuvision.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > +100!
> >
> > As somebody who also intends to use Tomcat in production (around 10
> > different sites with a reasonable load, maybe 1/4 of vnunet) this would
be
> > very helpful to me.
> >
> > You mentioned a couple of specific things you would like to do. Would it
be
> > possible for you elaborate a little more.
>
> Arshad, you don't count... You work with me! :) :) :) :)

Pier,

This is for my own sites not for vnu (my commitments are very limited to vnu
anyway). I intend to go with Tomcat 4.1 into production in the next couple
of weeks (volume will be insignificant for the first site) so I intend to
spend quite a bit of time trying to iron out bugs/problems and scaling
issues.

As such I have the time to spare to work on the Tomcat enhancements to make
it more scalable/reliable. I am very keen to hear your ideas.

Regards,
Arshad