tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/facade22/org/apache/tomcat/facade JspInterceptor.java
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:44:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <larryi@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 11:34 AM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/facade22/org/apache/tomcat/facade
JspInterceptor.java

> larryi      2002/06/18 11:34:50
>
>   Modified:    src/facade22/org/apache/tomcat/facade JspInterceptor.java
>   Log:
>   Update the "depth" of the classloader URLs to get.  DependClassloader
>   now includes the Context's classloader in the parent chain, so we need
>   go one parent deeper.  This should get JSP compilation working again.

This only works under Java 2+.  It breaks JSPs for 1.1.x, since in that case
the Context's classloader is a DCL (so Jdk11Compat will go one CL too far).
The real problem was that Jdk12Support can't un-wrap DCLs since now the
Context's classloader doesn't inherit from DCL under Java 2.

Fixing Jdk12Support is a little harder since it can't use instanceof, (and
testing the Package looks ugly).  We may end up having to "fix" Jdk11Compat
instead.